Following are the General Policies of the Stoughton Center for the Performing Arts:
- Tuition for all 32 weeks is divided into nine equal payments (September through May). The first of nine payments is due at the time of registration; the remaining payments are due the first of each month (October through May).
- Please contact the Artistic Director for financing requests.
- There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
- All classes are payable in advance; no refunds or credits for classes missed or dropped.
- Should your account become 60 days past due, participation in classes will cease immediately. Once account is current, classes may resume. Accounts not paid in full after 90 days will be sent to collections.
- In the event you discontinue a class, a written notice is required 30 days in advance. Tuition payments will continue to be your responsibility until a 30 day advance written notice is received. This written notice can be received by the front desk or via email. If you discontinue a Dance Department or Theater Department class after December 1st, remaining costume balances and performance fees are your responsibility.
- Poor attendance may result in student being pulled from performance and/or competitions.
- No street shoes are allowed in the dance and drama studios.
- In the event Stoughton schools are closed, dismissed early, or after school activities are cancelled due to bad weather, the Center will be closed as well.
- As a courtesy to our faculty and students, please arrive for classes on time.
- Newsletters are emailed monthly with important updates on classes and events. The newsletter is posted online here.
- Office phones are not available for student’s use.
- Make Up Policy: you may make up two excused absences (notified in advance by parent) per semester. Unexcused absences cannot be made up. If faculty has to cancel, the class will be made up regardless.